Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage Patty
These vegetarian breakfast sausage patties are the best you'll ever have in your life.
Author: The Edgy Veg
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ cup cooked white navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup vegan “beef” broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 2 tbsp tamari or vegan Worcestershire
- 1 ¼ cups vital wheat gluten
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ -½ tsp salt (to taste)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Prepare your vegetable steamer or makeshift steaming machine (instructions below). Bring the water to a boil and lay out 2 large square sheets of tin foil.
- In a food processor, pulse the beans until you have an almost-bean-paste. Throw all the other ingredients in there (spices last) and mix by pulsing, until all ingredients are combined.
- Divide dough in half. Place each part of dough into the tin foil and mold your dough into a thick log. Wrap the sausage dough in the foil, twisting at the ends.
- Place the tin foil wrapped sausages in the steamer and for 60 minutes. Once steamed and hardened, remove the rolls from the steamer and use right away, keep for up to 1 week, or freeze!
WANT MORE EDGY VEG?